- Dual dynamic driver units deliver low and mid-to-high range frequencies separately and without interference
- Ultra wide frequency range of 5 Hz - 40 kHz allows for the subtle nuances contained in electronic music to be expressed; highly responsive, fully expressing the genius behind different types of electronic music
- Pinewood presentation box with black piano lacquer and inlaid mother of pearl
- Excellent passive isolation characteristics to keep ambient noise from interfering with your listening enjoyment
- Highlights different textures in music, presenting crystal clear highs and midrange and extended bass response (does not emphasize bass—not for bass junkies)
A new listening paradigm
Chord & Major have created an entirely new way to appreciate music that introduces ideas from the appreciation of the finer things, such as wine, coffee, chocolate, and art. Appreciation is not simply about the pursuit of a sterile perfection. Rather, it should be driven by a thirst for something new, something which challenges the senses. We see this especially in the world of wine, coffee and chocolate, where connoisseurs seek out vintages and single origin beans to experience the sensation of one place and time, captured within smells, tastes, and textures.
This pursuit now comes to the music world. Chord & Major Tonal Earphones can be analogized with wine glasses. Using Tonal Earphones is like enjoying wine with just the right glass, just the right temperature, just the right preparation. An earphone which matches with your music taste will conduce to present the most details and characteristics of music, so listening to music will be not just a symbol of fashion but also an elegant delight. Anyone can save up for a pair of HD 800 and analyze the minute details of their favorite tracks. Chord & Major proposes we put away the microscope and lab coat, and get out some more interesting attire.
Major 01’16 Electronic
The Major 01’16 has a full yet even bass response*, highlighted textures, a crystal clear mid-range and no limits to its top-end thanks to dual drivers. It is sensitive and dynamic, fully expressing the genius behind different types of electronic music. They express each sound with utmost clarity and present all the subtle nuances contained in electronic music, from cut and sampled textures to prepared sounds, unorthodox scales, and challenging melodies.
Electronic Music is synthesized music produced using electronic equipment, computer software, and other electronic technology. It also contains some traditional acoustic elements, which when combined with technology, create an electroacoustic juxtaposition.
Carbon Fiber / Lacquer
Featuring carbon fiber tone tubes and a jet black lacquered presentation case, the Major 01’16 employs dual dynamic drivers which delivers an ultra-wide frequency range. The case and earphone combination represent the escape from traditional sounding instruments and musical logic into the endlessly creative realm of electronica.
*The earphones do not accentuate bass frequencies and are not suitable for listeners seeking a heavy bass experience.
- Impedance: 28Ω
- Freq. Response: 5-40,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 103dB at 1kHz / 1mW
- Max Input: 8mW
- Earphone body: Carbon fiber / metal
- Presentation case: Lacquered pine
- Connector: 1/8" (gold plated)
- Cable Length: 1.2m