Chord & Major
[Chord & Major] 5'14 World Tonal Earphone
Order today, and you'll receive your package between and .
Shipping not available for AK, HI, Puerto Rico and any address outside the continental United States.
- Specially Tuned World Music IEM with Beech Body and Pinewood Presentation Box
- Chord & Major Tonal Earphones have been specially designed to bring out essential characteristics of certain musical genres to enhance the listening experience in new ways
- Carefully tuned driver, body, and tonewood wrapping yields a very natural, open presentation ideal for enjoying world music, live music and more
- Pinewood presentation box stained a warm golden honey tone captures the essence of the warmth and earthiness of world music
- Excellent passive isolation characteristics to keep ambient noise from interfering with your listening enjoyment
- Extracts essential musical details of the diverse elements and sounds found in music from around the globe
A new listening paradigm
Chord & Major have created an entirely new way to appreciate music that introduces ideas from appreciation of the finer things, such as wine, coffee, chocolate, and art. Appreciation is not simply about the pursuit of a sterile perfection. Rather, it should be driven by a thirst for something new, something which challenges the senses. We see this especially in the world of wine, coffee and chocolate, where connoisseurs seek out vintages and single origin beans to experience the sensation of one place and time, captured within smells, tastes and textures.
This pursuit now comes to the music world. Chord & Major Tonal Earphones can be analogized with wine glasses. Using Tonal Earphones is like enjoying wine with just the right glass, just the right temperature, just the right preparation. An earphone which matches with your music taste will conduce to present the most details and characteristics of music, so listening music will be not just a symbol of fashion but also an elegant delight. Anyone can save up for a pair of HD 800 and analyse the minute details of their favorite tracks. Chord & Major proposes we put away the microscope and lab coat, and get out some more interesting attire.
Major 5'14 World Music
Expands soundscapes, enlivens atmospheres, and extracts essential details giving the listener the experience of a live performance. Sensitive to space, air and the musician’s every touch, the Major 5’14 captures the essence of world music.
World Music refers to many forms of local and ancient sounds from around the world. It encompasses the styles and characteristics of traditional instruments, where the land, history, culture and recording environment combine to give it that world music feel. The way it is collected and then reproduced are important elements in preserving those wide soundscapes and all the details that give it that enlivened atmosphere.
Beech highlights and presentation case
A sought-after hardwood especially in Europe, the beech wood used for the tone tube and presentation box have been stained a warm honey color to evoke the warm earth tones that represent the connection to the earth that is at the heart of so much world music.
- Impedance: 20Ω
- Freq. Response: 20-20,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 100dB at 1kHz / 1mW
- Max Input: 8mW
- Earphone body: Beech / metal
- Presentation case: Pine
- Connector: 1/8" (gold plated)
- Cable Length: 1.2m