[NextDrive] Spectra Portable USB DAC
- PREMIUM QUALITY DAC - Enjoy matchless portable Hi-Fi sound from ESS Technology's SABRE 9018Q2C
- RAVE REVIEWS - Profession reviews around the web praise its price, size, soundstage and great sound across bass, mids and treble
- GREAT COMPATIBILITY - USB and Micro USB versions available for plug-and-play connections to Mac, Linux, iOS and Android (driver download required for Windows)
- OTG READY - Connect to Android and iPhone phones and tablets (adapter may be required, sold separately)
- HI RES AUDIO - Supports PCM audio files up to 32 bits / 384 kHz and DSD up to Quad-rate 11.2 MHz
We are in an era of unprecedented availability of music and movies. Every pocket holds an entire entertainment library, with virtually unlimited possibilities once connected to the cloud. And yet, progress in terms of sound quality and listening experience have not kept pace.
Welcome to the next milestone in the audio revolution. Smartphones, tablets and computers, often sorely lacking in the audio quality department, finally have a VIP pass to the world of hi-fi: the Spectra from NextDrive.
High resolution audio files “stuck” on a device with low quality audio hardware? Plug into your iOS*, Android or other USB On-the-Go (OTG) capable smart device and instantly give your high resolution audio files the outlet they deserve, bypassing the mediocre quality audio modules found in many phones and tablets. (*Requires camera connection kit or other adapter, sold separately.)
But don’t let the slender aluminum package fool you: the Spectra packs plenty of power with enough output to drive all but the most demanding headphones, at which point you may want to bring your headphone amp into the chain, and its ESS Sabre 9018Q2C chip delivers sound quality previously assumed to be impossible in a form factor this size.
- Always check volume levels before pressing play!
- To benefit from the full power of the NextDrive Spectra, you will need high resolution recordings (exceeding 320kps MP3 or CD quality) and high end headphones or other audio equipment
- The Spectra can output up to 13.3 mW @ 300 Ohms; some high end (or high impedance) headphones may require additional amplification to reach full volume
- Inline controls such as play/pause, vol. control or handsfree microphones are not supported
- May require additional OTG adapter cable or other adapters for connections to smart devices (sold separately)
- Slight clicks might be heard when starting/stopping music on devices with USB power saving functions
- May not be compatible with some equaliser apps and software
NextDrive suggests the following sources for more-than-CD-quality tracks:
HDTracks, Primephonic, Chandos, Onkyo Music, Mora, music.jp, Ototoy, Victor Studio HD-Music and Tidal.
Spectra DAC, quick start guide
- Micro USB connector
- Audio DAC/Amp: ESS Sabre 9018Q2C
- Dynamic range: ≥121dB
- THD +N: ≤0.001%
- Max output: 13.3 mW @ 300 Ohm / 49 mW @ 32 Ohm
- PCM: 32-bit/384kHz
- DSD: Quad-rate @ 11.2 MHz
- 3.75 x 0.44 x 0.44 in
- 95 x 11.2 x x 11.2 mm
- Total length: 9.25 in / 23.5 cm long