[PTE] Wire Tracer & Circuit Tester - Tone Generator and Probe Kit - Features Alligator Clips and RJ-11 Plug.
Please make sure to enter the correct delivery address at the time of order. No delivery address change will be possible after order confirmation. Thank you
- FIND WIRES QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY - Detect wires in a range of applications including buried wires (including single strand, broken wires, etc.). Reminder: For TONE mode use one alligator clips only.
- SAVE TIME AND BE SAFE - Thanks to the tone signal you will track your cable quickly and you don't have to take the risk of not knowing exactly where your wires are located
- FLEXIBLE USAGE - Thanks to the CONT mode you can check for short and open circuits, and the RJ11 connector lets you test telephone systems easily. Reminder: For CON mode use both alligator clips to each ends of the wire.
- ADJUSTABLE - Adjustable sensitivity for differentiating wires in close proximity and avoid false detection
- NO RISK - One-year warranty and friendly customer service from TrueToSource!
This Wire Tracer and Circuit Tester - including a sender/tone generator and a detector - is designed to identify and trace wires or cables without damaging the insulation.
Note: Requires 2 9V batteries (not included)
Use as a Wire Tracer
Connect the tone generator to your wire using one alligator clip only and use the probe to follow the wire along, or ID it at the other end. Use the probe’s volume control to adjust sensitivity. The audible tone will increase in volume as the probe gets closer to the wire. You can even use it to trace a single wire. Find broken wires buried in the ground or in walls. (Detection limit will vary depending on material between wire and probe. Swap tone generator for a more powerful signal source as needed.)
Use as Circuit Tester
Connect two alligator clips to the ends of the wire to check if resistance exists. If yes, the wire could be a short or open circuit. You can then use the Wire Tracer function to locate the problem.
Telephone line maintenance
For telephone lines, the Wire Tracer and Circuit Tester can identify Tip and Ring lines and determine the status of the line - clear, busy, or ringing - making it more convenient to maintain telephone lines.
|Maximum length of cable tested||Allows for sending tone up to 328 feet / 100 meter (the wire being traced is connected to power)|
|Frequency (nominal)||1.1 to 1.4 kHz for Sender; more than 30 Hz for Detector|
|Power||two 6F22/9V batteries (not included)|
|Dimensions & Weight||
Sender: 2.8 x 2.6 x 1.2 inch / 7 x 6.5 x 3 cm ; 3 oz / 85g
Detector: 8.5 x 2 x 1.4 inch / 21.5 x 5 x 3.5 cm; 3.3 oz / 95g
Note: Do NOT connect to a live circuit. Detector probe can be used with live circuits but should NOT be allowed to touch a live wire in any circumstance.
Detector, sender with RJ-11 plug and 2 alligator clips, manual (batteries not included)